The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is located at 506 S Wright St, Urbana, IL 61801.
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
405 N. Matthews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
The Union Hotel Location:
1404 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Travel to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign “Getting Here” page
Air Travel Information:
- The University of Illinois airport, Willard Airport (CMI), is in Champaign, Illinois. It is 5 miles south of Champaign. Shuttle bus service to and from Willard Airport is available on weekdays and Saturdays. This service is complimentary for Union Hotel guests and $1.00 each way for others. Please click to access the complete 27 Air Bus schedule for weekdays and Saturdays. You may wait a long time for these buses, so a taxi can be more convenient. For those wishing to take a taxi to and from Willard Airport, our official airport-hotel taxi service is Quasi Taxi (we will arrange a special rate for conference participants and will announce this rate before the conference – it will be around $15 if you are alone or less if you are more than one person). Just tell Quasi you are coming to ICARUS or Jesse’s conference. He will know. Quasi’s number is (1 217) 550 2665.
- For those flying into Chicago’s O’Hare or Midway airports and not taking a flight to CMI, please see the “Chicago-Champaign Buses” section below for Chicago-Champaign transport options. Champaign is about a 2.5 – 3 hour drive from Chicago. When you arrive in Champaign, you can call Quasi at (1 217) 550 2665 for a ride to your hotel.
- For those flying into the Central Illinois Regional Airport at Bloomington-Normal, taxi service from the airport to the Union Hotel costs about $100. Taxi service can be arranged in advance via Quasi Taxi. We do not recommend flying into BMI, but sometimes it is cheaper (even with the $100 taxi to Champaign).
If you have questions while traveling, please call (217) 607 4396. This phone will be on from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM CST (Chicago time) during the travel days leading up to the meeting.
- Greyhound (one-way tickets from Chicago to Champaign cost between $15 and $20; see Greyhound website for station locations and additional information; please note that there are no Greyhound stations at Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports but it is relatively easy to travel from the airports to most Greyhound stations via public transportation; must make reservation in advance online or via telephone and must have a printed copy of the ticket before boarding the bus)
- Suburban Express (route includes several Chicago suburbs and O’Hare Airport; this route’s Altgeld stop in Champaign is only about 50 feet from the Union Hotel; must make reservation in advance online or via telephone and must have a printed copy of the ticket before boarding the bus; one-way tickets from Chicago to Champaign typically cost $28.95)
- Illini Shuttle (route includes several Chicago suburbs and O’Hare Airport; this route’s Altgeld stop in Champaign is only about 50 feet from the Union Hotel; must make reservation in advance online or via telephone and must have a printed copy of the ticket before boarding the bus; one-way tickets from Chicago to Champaign typically cost $28.95.)
Getting Around in Urbana-Champaign:
- Quasi Taxi – (217) 550 2665
- Yellow Checker Cab – (217) 355 3553
- Orange Taxi – (217) 363 1500
- Checker Cab Taxi – (217) 355 0200
- Campus Taxi – (217) 351 6951 / (217) 355 5541
We recommend calling to order a taxi about 30 minutes before needed because waiting time can be long.